Milton Abbas Grammar School WW1

The original memorial at Milton Abbas Grammar School has been lost. The School closed in Blandford in 1927 and unsuccessfully moved to Whatcombe, finally closing in 1929. Many pupils who finished at Blandford Secondary School at 14 then moved onto Milton Abbas. The school was on the site of what is now Morrison’s car park. All that remains of the schhol’s war memorial is the notice in the Western Gazette from 23rd December 1921:

western gazette 23 Dec 1921 Milton Abbas Grammar School

The memorial commemorated 14 men. 1 former Master and 13 ex-pupils

Not commemorated on the original memorial but a former pupil nonetheless was